Thursday, November 7, 2013

Iron on transfer step by step instructions.


1.    Cut around design leaving a small, even white border.




2.    set up iron and ironing board. Iron should be on hot setting. No steam. Ironing board should have a hard surface on top. I use a wooden chopping board covered with a towel.


3.    Iron creases out of apron so there is a flat surface to adhere the design to.

4.    Tear a very small rip in the side of the transfer. Don’t worry the front design will not tear – only the backing paper. Remove the backing paper.

5.    Position on front of apron ensuring it is evenly placed and appears exactly as you would like it to. Cover with baking paper and iron in even pressure over the design. Do not hold iron in one spot – keep it moving. After about 30 seconds you should see that the design has now stuck to the apron.

6.    Carefully remove baking paper. If an area appears as if it is not stuck to the apron repeat step 5.


Thanks Gina – they look awesome!!

2 comments:

miasmummy said...

Thanks for this Amanda, I do like a visual tutorial!! I'm a bit 'der' like that!! LOL!! Still have all those ones you sent me to do yet... I've been a bit eeeek about them!! See you in Adelaide gorgeous!! xxx

miasmummy said...

Thanks for this Amanda, I do like a visual tutorial!! I'm a bit 'der' like that!! LOL!! Still have all those ones you sent me to do yet... I've been a bit eeeek about them!! See you in Adelaide gorgeous!! xxx