Friday, November 28, 2008

Challenge 22

ok doing something that is near and dear to me here and getting back on track with our new challenge idea.

so the theme this week is -

DAMASK

what is this i hear you all ask? While it is a bit last year pattern wise in scrapping (that foul houndstooth is taking over blerch) it is one of my fav. sorts of flourishes to add to the page. Remember that it isn't any old flourish - it has a specific 'look' to it - almost like thistles??! (ok that might be my scottish fantasy coming out LOL) Not to be confused with the fleur-de-lis either.





It doesn't have to be black and white either - they could be in ANY colour. Dont think that they are too flowery for boy pages too - they look absolutely awesome on ANY page.

Kaiser have some fabulous damask papers. As does Teresa Collins. I do think American Crafts have some papers also. Heidi Swapp is also mad for them.

If you dont have anything in your stash right this minute to participate - dont dispair. Go to google images and look for 'damask' you will find hundreds of designs you can print onto plain paper (yes reflex is acid free) and incorperate THAT into your page.

Or find a damask brush and stamp that onto your page with photoshop.

I bought this a while back from 2 peas and LOVE it --

here is another one for sale

you can see it used here for a wedding menu - fab design for a page if you use your imagination too!
Here is a free template to download.

and some photoshop brushes here (i have just downloaded this and can vouch it is A-ok - more fabric looking than the damask examples up the top though)


I dont have a new page to show but i will definately get onto this as I LURVE damask!

ps. you can tuck it behind photos and papers rather than let it be the main focus if you prefer! There are also some cool rubons from Kmart which i snavel every time i see them which have fantabulous damask on them as seen peeking out from the sides in this page i did ages ago.



Can't wait to see what you can come up with!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Great challenge ... I have had 2 of those Hieddi Swapp pink damask stickers for so long ... just what I need to make me use them (hopefully ;-))

Anonymous said...

I cant wait to do this challenge, I love the damask pattern, it reminds me of old wallpaper:)
Karen D