Friday, October 8, 2010

Kylie - something to share...

Hi Amanda,
Just sending through a photo of the page (and a bit) that I did in Mel Forbes' Class at the Nth Shields Retreat earlier this year.  I only got around to getting it framed last week (nothing like leaving it to the LAST minute !) ready for my Dad's birthday last weekend at Pt Neill.
Please excuse the 'reflection' of our shack on the top 1/2 of the photo ... I didn't really notice it until I got home.
Thanks,
Kylie





OMG Kylie this looks AMAZING. I bet there were tears when this was given as a gift! I am sure Mel Forbes will be totally blown away when she sees this. Beautiful work Kylie - you have put your own spin on it and it looks fabulous. The frame looks so yummy with the bronzey/brown tones of the page. gorgeous.




9 comments:

SueP said...

Kylie that is awesome....what a very special present....love it all framed!!

Melanie said...

Oh Kylie - it looks FANTABULOUS :) :) :) I remember you saying you were going to frame it and give it to your dad and it is perfect :) i just love it xxxx

Meredith said...

Such a precious and beautiful gift Kylie! It is stunning.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way of capturing the memories and giving as a special gift. Awesome. TFS Michelle

Louise said...

PRECIOUS!! WTG :)

Tracey W said...

Isn't there some sort of rule that says 'thou shalt not do anything until the very last minute'!!! I religiously follow this rule to the letter! This is beautiful Kylie you have done a wonderful job and its such a special gift that will be treasured always. Great stuff

sandra said...

Kylie this turned out to be just WOW!!
Bet Dad LOVED it!!!
so what's your next project???

Kylie :) said...

Thankyou for all of your lovely comments ladies ! Dad was pretty stoked with it !
Yes, I tend to follow that rule often too Tracey ;) ... and Sandra, my next project ... 'Mum's 70th' (next April) I'll try and do something similar for her (I'll probably start it at next years Retreat ... and get it framed the week before her b'day just to keep within the above rule lol ) !!
Kylie :)

Maryanne Ridgway said...

this looks fabulous kylie, what a fantastic pressie for your dad.well done !