Monday, February 2, 2009

I am seeing buttons EVERYWHERE

OMG my inbox is overflowing with button layouts. Let me tell you uploading them into here has become damn near a full time job!









On the other hand it is great to see some of the old familiar faces come back out of the woodwork and participating!


First up Tracey emailed me two pages. The first one she says -



I did this one in harvest when I was having a major scrap session. I did one for each child but the others dont have buttons they have ribbon (alas not ric rac). This is a lift from Belinda Venables (I think), I seriously loved doing these pages and got a great giggle out of journalling the good stuff they do and also the bad. Doing these pages got me scrapping without having to think too much and I had a great deal of fun and really like each one - amazing and rare!!





This is a really lovely photo of your Georgia Trace...stunning! And love the bright funky colours AND the whole idea about journalling about the good and bad stuff that they get up to. Fabulous.



The second one is a late entry into our damask challenge (damn i love this paper!) Simply stunning heritage type page Trace - the browns and blues are perfect for that photo (absolutely adorable picture!) and the journalling spot on there is excellent!




She says -




Attached is one I did for the damask challenge only I was a few weeks late!! But - there are buttons on it so there is a win win situation. Love the colours on this one, I find I'm having a brown and blue fetish at the minute and a love affair with stripes.





Stunning work!



and then came Jenny!



and she has had a similar thought to myself today and combined two challenges into one - ric rac and buttons!




Jenny i really love the red stripes (and stitching) with the staples down the bottom. I may have to borrow that idea! The colours and the dots are also right up my alley. Really awesome page!



and finally i have pulled together a page today and like Jenny managed to pop some ric rac and some buttons on it. There is a cluster of shells/buttons on the bottom as well as some of my fav. photos of the day paperclipped to the top.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amanda- Love everything about this one.

Jenny- Looks fabulous ..love the bright colours and cute photo.

Tracey- your 2 pages look great. Well done. Buttons are a simple,easy yet an effective embellishment.

SueP said...

Tracey- Great layouts, love the freehand doodling and hand writing on your page. Love the close-up photo.

Jenny- Love your bright colours and what a cute smile ey??

Amanda- Beautiful as always!! Good colour combos, i just can't do patterned backgrounds, you do it so well!!

sandra said...

Tracy I LOVED your layouts! gorgeous!

Jenny, love the bright colours too.. so vibrant

Amanda, your colours are sublime as usual. I love that button and shell cluster. I have seen those shells in Beers, and have been tempted to buy them but didn't know how I would use them.. thanks for the inspiration.. (going to buy a pack next shopping trip!)

Angela said...

These LO's look fabulous!!

Amanda- I love the bunch of photos up the top. How clever!

I LURVE buttons. In fact i love ribbons (especially Ric Rac) too.

Meredith said...

Amanda ... the this LO, the colours are beautiful.

Jenny ... wow!! That was quick!! Great colours too!

Tracey ... wow!! That photo is beautiful and I recall the original, you have done a sensational lift!