Wednesday, February 24, 2010

retreat packing / storage tip

Yesterday as i was poking around in Kmart i found this little baby :



Granted - it isn't fancy = but wow is it cute and compact!


It's a very cheap,'under the desk' kind of storage unit. Not big enough for 12 x 12 papers but perfect for embellishements and all our other scrap essentials that are critical to take on the retreat.


This would be an unreal option to keeping things compact for the retreat. Enough storage for all the necessary bits and bobs and yet not cumbersome.


The drawers are very large - i can see my thicker collection nestling in there comfortably and calling it home for 3 or so days! These 'apartments' could also house my rub-ons and there may even be a few new tenants over the course of the weekend ;-)



I think if i pack mine full, as well as a separate thing for my papers it will be more than enough for the retreat weekend. It is quite small and i can imagine it rolling (yep the little castor wheels roll beautifully) under the table out of the way of everyone and yet still handy enough to grab in an embellishment emergency.

Found in the storage / plastic container area in Kmart. With my careful book keeping i have stashed the reciept in a safe place and cannot find it to tell you an exact price. From memory it was either $13 or $23 - either way i say CHEAP!

8 comments:

Brigette S said...

I have two of these in my scraproom (the passage) and I think they were $13 each. I haven't had any problems with them, very handy and I love that they are on wheels.

sandra said...

Sooo cool!!
Would LOVE one of these..
Always the way isn't it?? Went into Lincoln today.. and Kmart.... totally missed these.. probably a hoard of retreat goers beat me to it!!

Jane said...

oh goodie, I am going to Lincoln tomorrow. going to put these on the shopping list right now. thanks for the tip Amanda

miasmummy said...

Yep what a great idea!! Just sitting here working out what photos for the classes.... I have some printing/trimming to do!

Tiff Firth said...

I have 2 of something similar in my scraproom that came from Cheap as Chips. and they do fit under the trestle perfectly. top idea. I can see my repacking at least 4 of my tubs into at least one of them. still need to put my feet somewhere.

will be fun counting how many other similar concepts roll into the shed for the weekend. lol.

Melanie said...

now if they made one like that suitable for travelling on planes I would be set!!! Can't wait ladies to meet you all!! Getting excited now :) Cheers Mel

Tiff Firth said...

kmart are now out of stock. but ring them and they will source other stores in the state to get them to Lincoln for you. And no, I didnt buy one for me.....lol.

Meredith said...

Sounds great, might have to see if they are back in stock next trip!