Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tracey - cover challenge



Howdy Amanda,



Attached is my effort at the covergirl challenge. This is an old CK magazine Nov 2006 but it has always been a favorite. The magazine cover layout is by Angi Stevens.




I have thrown this layout together of my mum. She is such a beautiful lady with a heart of gold. I am very thankful that she is my mum and I am allowed to keep her all for myself. I would be lost without her, she is my best friend and I love spending time with her.




Thanks for this challenge I have been madly quilting this week and now I need to get my butt into gear and get myself organised for the retreat. Have a great day.



Tracey
by Angi Stevens

By Tracey.

Oh Trace this is stunning. I can see why you wanted to lift the original - so timeless and classy!

Love those papers you have used - very vintage and yum. Perfect!

I can't believe how similar you are in the face to your Mum in that pic = i have never noticed before!! And can i just add that i am very envious of your relationship. That is what a mother/daughter bond should be like.

Great job Tracey. Love it in so many ways.

7 comments:

Tiff Firth said...

I am envious of you and your Mum's relationship. I barely have one at all with my Mum, and it is something I regret. Your choice of PP is suberb. So very appropiate and the embelly cluster reflects the vintage feel perfectly. (I spy one of those little heart hat pins from Sheoak. I gather we will be seeing a lot of them for awhile *wink*)

sandra said...

Tracey I adore this layout.
I know it sounds corny but you can really see that it was made with love..
Love on a page so to speak.
Lurve the colours, love the photo and love the journalling..
more please Tracey! always love your work.
(I'm another one who is a tad green around the gills....no relationship at all with my mother.A relationship with your mum is something a lot of people take for granted... great to see someone who doesn't)
love it Trace

SueP said...

Wow Tracey, this is stunning - both the layout and the photo of your Mum!! Love every bit of your example!!

What alphas have you used Tracey?? They look great!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your lovely comments peoples, Sue these alphas are by Scenic Route. Cheers, Trace

Maryanne Ridgway said...

tracey this is just so so beautiful.
gorgeous photo of your mum, I can see you all look a lot like her.

Maryanne Ridgway said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meredith said...

A beautiful photo and layout Tracey!