Thursday, August 20, 2009

Sandra - text on photo AND pinwheel


This layout is a scraplift of a layout by Carrin Sofies (European)I wanted a fun layout to match the photo. Writing on the photo was quite stressful. My handwriting is Sh!# and then the pen decided to play silly games... At least the layout lends itself to bad handwriting. lolCouldn't think of an embellishment for that corner.. then the pinwheel idea came into my head.. so 2 challenges in one.




Well done Sandra - your writing on the photo suits the page! I totally get what you mean when you say 'stressful' i felt the same way too - but good for a one off challenge!
Love your hand drawn border, that yellow stuff (paint??) and that cute little pinwheel. What an awesome FUN layout.
brilliant.

9 comments:

Meredith said...

Wow Sandra - as dsoon as I saw your layout I thought "WOW". It is fantastic!! Good on you for hasndwriting (I have mine nearly ready!!).

Great photo, love the white "sticks" above the photo - very effective, the ripped edges of the papers and the title alphas!!

Fabulous I reckon!!

sandra said...

Morning!
thanks for the lovely comments girls.
Forgot to mention that the photo was taken by Tiff. oops
Yes it is paint Amanda, it is something new I tried, I found an old pump bottle, but some paint in it, diluted with a bit of water and sprayed... quite happy with the result and I think I will experiment further with it...bit like glimmermist but without the glimmer lol

SueP said...

Great one Sandra!! Love it all, so colourful, suits the theme of the page. Love your free hand work and your handwriting! Great paintwork, does look glimmermisty!

Marika said...

Sandra this is stunning I too went wow when I saw it giving me some inspiration feeling a bit snowed under at the moment. Hopefully today I might tackle the handwriting challenge. Love the simpleness of this layout.

Anonymous said...

Sandra, ditto to all the above. Well done on being inventive as well. Lovin it. Michelle

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic layout Sandra as is the heritage one before. I gain so much inspiration from all you girls. Well done
Kate

Maryanne Ridgway said...

sandra, this looks FANTASTIC!
love the whole lot!clever clever girl you are!!

Tiff Firth said...

Hiya chick. lol at R's expression. Its so priceless.

Is that liquid paper you used and you edged it with black pen. So very effective. Unusual too!!
And ohh the paint on the corrugated cardboard. Very noice.

Melanie said...

what a fantastic hand created corner!! I love it! :)