Thursday, June 5, 2008

a blue day

How appropriate on this cold, rainy day i recieve an email from the talented Karen with her challenge entry.....titled 'blue'

The journalling is so sad and strikes a note with me as we went through a similar situation with our labrador Chloe a couple of years ago.

Anyway Karen's family pet is sick......and her heartfelt journalling left a lump in my throat.

Here it is.

"Blue, is how Im feeling. My beautiful Bonnie is sick and may not recover. Im finding it hard knowing that she may not be with us much longer. 4th June 2008"



Thinking of you chook. A pet really is a part of your family and it is so hard to say goodbye.

6 comments:

sandra said...

Thinking of you Karen..
also went through this last year with our lab Sampson, such a hard time.
big big hug coming your way.

Tiff Firth said...

passing a tissue your way....
I had to make the HARD, devestating decision to put my horse (my heart) down. He was everything to me and every horse I have had since I measure up to him and none of them make it any where near him yet.
big squeeze
Tiff
sniffle.

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about your pet[dog Im guessing?]?Hoping she will get better, animals can be pretty tough,! Dont know what we,d do without our dog,shes such a big part of our family.
But luverly page..

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear this Karen, Bonnies such a memorable dog with lot's of happy times.I hope things get easier thinking of you never far away remember. Keep on popping those Scrapbooking pages out,love this one especially the owl the way you put the flower at the end of the branch.I cleaned my box out at the shop abit more have lot's of stamps now think I'll have to put them into use Sooon!
Catch up with you soon Cassandra

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, as usual karen! Thinking of you, hope the scrapping of Bonnie helps.
Hugs & kisses
Jane P

SueP said...

Thinking of you Karen!!
Hugs to you!