Sunday, June 1, 2008

two more entries for challenge THREE just in

Thanks to Sue and Maryanne for stepping out of their comfort zones and scrapping gorgeous pages about themselves.


LOVE what you have both done!


Maryanne has used her dymo - can you tell that it is my most fav. scrap thing!??? So naturally i think her page is awesome. Great photo and excellent spin on the topic too. The patterned paper as a back ground is also great and OMG is that paint swiped along the edge? Jeepers - amazing stuff.


Sue love love love the contrast between papers, cardstock and the colours of the flowers. It all looks so amazing and eye catching. Simply stunning! That pink just pops right out at you!
So you can see - with one sketch there are so many variations....Truely amazing to see each persons interpretation. One is no more 'right' than the other - and yet they were all inspired by one sketch.
great work girls :)
And yes - lurkers please say hello!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi girls, firstly sue yours looks great. Have to say I did have trouble finding a foto of myself as I am so not photogenic at all, and generally hide if anyones taking photos[and will admit I did blur it and adjust a little and had hoped it would not be too recognisable as me]?...and amanda I tried your tip of using pp instead of cardstock,I have had the paper for ages [years?].looks brown on here but is actually a really dark burgundy color...and must confess labeller is actually a really cheap 1 from cheap as chips for $2.50, but is fantastic and I love it...and is probably my favorite for the mo.Also saw some fantastic little white angel wings in cheap as chips in the scrap section on friday,only new in I think , but thought of you tiff.anyway thats enough waffle from me I think..
PS.Got all my plants in today and have spent up on scrap bits on ebay.got a little carried away...

sandra said...

Oh these are both terrific!
Maryanne what do you mean 'not photogenic" ? Its a great photo!
So great to see so many different layouts coming in..
If you are a 'lurker' (sounds ominous doesnt it?) Please say hi or even take the leap and take up the challenge and send it in!!!
I have gone from someone who wouldn't even show my pages to ANYONE...and now I post them on the internet!! I just love the fact that there is no judgement and that it a 'mutual admiration' society here :)
Well I'm off.. just brought some stuff from Ally at scrap n chat and I need to 'file' it before
DH comes home and finds the evidence!!

SueP said...

Hey Maryanne, that LO looks great. Its great to see all the different interpretations of the sketch...
Good luck with the plants- hope the boys keep off them!! :)

Meredith said...

Love that photo Maryanne. What a clever idea!

And Sue you said you didn't have a photo - what a lovely one, beautiful smile!!

SueP said...

It was a photo of Rach an I that Amanda took, just did some cropping with it. Otherwise i wouldn't have a photo.

Can't wait to see your entry M.

Anonymous said...

Love the colours Sue, so bright and yummy!! Nice pic too. Not sure whether Im going to get to this challenge, have had a few dramas this week :(
Karen D

Anonymous said...

Great LO Maryanne, love the swirl in the corner and you flowers, fabo!!
Karen D