Monday, January 26, 2009

a few things to share...




I know we are all super busy at the moment - school going back and just settling back into routine after Xmas and the usual January holiday mode.




Sandra sent me this image for us to laugh at - she says:




Just thought I would share this photo I took at Monarto while we were in Adelaide.
I have it on my desktop and it always makes me smile....
You would almost swear that he's trying to hide, wondering to himself... (well it HAS to be of the male gender, surely!)
Can they see me???

hopefully it will bring a smile to others too



What a cute photo Sandra! And i agree ... it must be a male!





Next thing to share was a page from Janice for the current ric rac challenge. She said:



This is a layout that I did earlier for your December
Challenge (7 Flowers)... it also includes some
Ric Rac so thought I would send it to you for the Ric Rac challenge




What gorgeous hair she has! Love the little flowers and the ric rac. Perfect layering too with the main photo and the papers. Super clever stitching in that circle also!


Janice also sent two amazing pages that she finished for the Xmas challenge i set about a month ago - the one based on the 25 days of Xmas carol. She says:




This is a couple more from your December challenge.Daughter of mine... (6 staples).Matt... (2 hearts).Ive done a few more but thought I would share these 2 with you




WOW WOW WOW Janice, these are stunning! Thanks for taking that mammoth challenge on - not many did so hold your head proud! Fantastic page - i love the green in the daughter page and the red, black and white in Matt's page.... both so striking!


The final thing to share is some great news. Congratulations in fact! I got my hot little hands on an ABB 2009 calendar yesterday and the first thing i noticed was KYLIE SHEPPERD'S children in a massive photo for the month of October. It seems she has won a competition by ABB which was Australia wide in it's entrants and of course only 12 could win. I will also mention here that Jenelle Whelan was also a winner and is a RN at the Cummins Hospital!


Congratulations girls - this is a really incredible acheivement! Both of the photos are totally awesome.


Here is Kylie's photo and month!



I hope everyone has a smooth transition back into school/kindy tomorrow and with any luck our scrapping mojo will come flooding in!











7 comments:

Maryanne Ridgway said...

fistly,kylie well done on being a winner in the comp,that is such a gorgeous photo.
And janice your LOs look fantastic, I love the ones of sarah, so pretty and girly, and the one of matthew I REALLY love! , I am always a sucker for the red and black.Would love to see your other recent LOs too.
And sandra yes that is a pretty cute shot!.
So glad theres some action on here, sure we will all be getting back into the swing of things this week and getting into some scrapping soon maybe![and so glad amanda isnt heading to hillcrest,who would have taught us how to make the little houses then????]

Tiff Firth said...

wow wow. Janice
wow wow Kylie
wow wow Janelle
wow wow sandra on the shy boy

sandra said...

Janice your layouts are absolutely fantastic... love them all
Sarah and Matthew are growing so fast, such good kids too. And your pride shines in your layouts.
woohoo Kylie congrats on a well deserved win! Love that photo!
great to see some new posts and some new layouts!

Anonymous said...

That photo is just too cute Sandra, we had a fabulous time at Monarto too. Great LOs too Janice!!! I am getting to the challenge's, I really am!!!! I did do one last week that was my ric rac page but I couldnt bring myself to put the ric rac on in the end, it didnt seem to fit!
Karen D :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Amanda for your 'Congrats' on my exciting win and thanks girls for your kind comments. It was such a buzz to be one of the winners ... Sth Aus did very well, 8/12 of the winners were from SA entrants !!
I'm really looking forward to the retreat, not long now !!
Kylie

Meredith said...

Firstly CONGRATS Kylie ... how exciting!!

Janice ... great Lo's. Really like the colours you have used in the LO's of Sarah.

Sandra ... cute photo!

SueP said...

Janice - you ARE on a roll lately with your scrapping!! I better pop in for some inspiration from you!! Your LO's are Great!!

Congrats Kylie on winning in that photo comp. Beautiful photo!