Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Karen's cooling off!

Just had this one pop into the in box!!

Karen said

"Hi Meredith,
Hope you had a great Christmas and New Year. Just emailing my summer photo challenge, usually summer means BBQs by the pool, but so far this summer our pool has been out of action waiting for a new liner. So Sunday we got cracking, probably not the best place to have the camera and it was really glary (?) and secondly I thought Id attach a LO I managed to do last night. Its of Mitchell getting his Christmas lunch, I thought it could nearly double up as the photo challenge - summer means seafood!!!!
Cheers
Karen D"


Looks lovely hey! I'm just wondering how you took the photo??!! The colours look amazing!
EDITED TO ADD: Apparently Jane Pearce's husband, Paul, took the photo!! Great work!

And now Karen's fab layout!


This is fantastic - love the patterned papers, the 'U' (those rubons I still haven't used!!), the journaling strips and the little black flowers! Wow! Makes me feel inspired to scrap!!

Keep those photos coming girls!!

7 comments:

Tiff Firth said...

Hey Karen. Great birds eye perspective with your pic.
just love it.

and your LO is so you.
lovely

Anonymous said...

Thank you! just want to say that I didnt take the photo, it was my idea and then I had to rope someone in to take it.
Karen D;)

Maryanne Ridgway said...

karen, I love your LOS, they always look so "just right".
And what an amazing photo, the colors are stunning.Is this taken with your canon dslr?
I have been checking them out heaps, but just cant decide wether to go for it, Im thinking such an advanced camera may be just wasted on me, as I still havnt completely worked out my other camera.Apparently all the dslrs will be increasing in price very soon due to the low au dollar, so need to make up my mind very quickly.....

Maryanne Ridgway said...

ps. well done meredith on keeping up with the blog....I have wondered though wether you cursed tiff for posting this challenge........just before she left on holiday.LOL.

sandra said...

great photo Karen.. the colours are so vibrant. love it!
Another great layout.
Your paper choices are wonderful,
love it

Anonymous said...

Karen I always love your layouts they are always perfect. Marika

amanda hall said...

*sigh* Karen you have a style all of your own....gosh i just love it.