Thursday, May 21, 2009

Amanda - reuse and recycle









ok here is my late entry for Meredith's go green challenge.




I worked/fiddled/procrastinated a lot on it yesterday at Leah and Lindy's Scrap day and it looks nothing like i originally thought it would!





The round circle at the bottom is the title - The funeral.





The pink thing with circles missing is from an old peice of Heidi Swapp packaging which housed chipboard circles which have all either fallen out and lost or been used. In fact that is a bit of my stash that is at least 3 years old. The paper inside the circles is punched out of the sheet that you get in the front of a collection of papers - just tiny mini examples of what the pack includes. In this case it is from a really yummy collection of October Afternoon papers.





I have also noticed a new trend emerging which is to use the same photo multiple times on your page - repetition. I wanted to try this so used this picture that i snapped of G and K before heading off to the funeral last Friday.





The border is done by stitching two straight lines and using a un-picker to rip through to reveal the under sheet of cardstock. I blatently copied this idea from a page Meredith did ages ago and i loved the effect.





Sorry to rabbit on but i had a lot of questions about it all yesterday!



9 comments:

Tiff Firth said...

gosh Amanda. You are on a creavite roll. This is just gorgeous and I absolutlely love the texture of the torn paper between the stitching. That caught my eye first.
great challenge answer.
t

Anonymous said...

Turned out lovely Amanda although very different from yesterdays idea, that would have looked good too. Love that photo of the girls! I too may have to steal Merediths idea of stitch and unpick. Trace

sandra said...

so inspiring Amanda
I love the finished layout..
I also have one of those HS round chipboard packets... no way am I thowing that baby out when it's finished... might pop the rest out before to long...;)

Meredith said...

Oh ... my ... goodness ... that is amazing!! You are doing some beautiful layouts right now Amanda!!!! The photo of the girls is stunning and the layout so, so beautiful. Worth the wait I reckon.

I am cross that I haven't finished my layout that uses that border ripping technique!! Maybe this weekend!

SueP said...

Oh....beautiful Amanda! The circle chip with papers behind is very effective, clever thinking!! love your edge!! Might have to give that a try too!:)

Maryanne Ridgway said...

amanda, once again I think, ""what a gorgeous page",then I see the photos and Im amazed at how grown up your girls look!! seriously they look like young women not little girls!!and gorgeous too!!
prepare yourself....

Tiff Firth said...

congrats chick. the pick up is very well deserved.

you should be having another crack at Masters this year.

That would stir them up. Having a Master crown twice would be a first

;0D

sandra said...

bloody hell girls!! Those pages are whipping in and out of here too bloody fast!!
Only us tragics are getting a chance to lay eyes on them.
Congrats on the pick up, Amanda your pages are always awesome, but lately they have really had that certain 'something' but they all have the Amanda factor.

Meredith said...

I think we have a programming problem ... each page Amanda puts up is disappearing within 12 hours!! Can we have a tech in to check out this problem!!

;-)