Monday, May 4, 2009

Challenge 36 - reuse, go green ...

Okay so as of today here in South Australia we all have to take our green / pink / etc bags to the supermarket for our shopping.

For the next challenge I would like to see layouts that reduce, reuse, recycle!!

I have seen several articles in American scrap magazines with this in mind recently and felt inspired!!

Use something on your layout that is part of the packaging for a scrap supply that you would normally throw in the rubbish bin.
If you think of it take a photo of the item before you use it on your layout and send me a picture of the item and your layout.



Here is my example, albeit a small contribution ;-)
When you buy a paper pack you get a "cover sheet" with an example of each of the papers inside.
Instead of cutting up a 12 x 12 piece of paper for the leaves on my layout I cut them from the green sample of the Cosmo Cricket paper.




Another example of packaging that could be used on a layout ... the backing card in the packet of Making Memories mini alphas, as below.

So scrap and feel good about the environment!!

5 comments:

sandra said...

Oh this is such a great challenge!
Something to get the brain matter working!... and mine needs a work out.. bit brain-dead lately!

Off to go and have a look.

Maryanne Ridgway said...

when I first started sb I used to use lots of packaging etc from supplies, but now theres just so much variety , that I dont tend to now, as have so much other stuff to use.I do stash stuff some though so will have to have a sort out maybe and see what I have .
good challenge meredith,
such a gorgeous photo of you and hannah

sandra said...

Okay. this is harder than I thought lol.
I have a very boring stash.
and since I tend to throw the packaging away, an even more boring packaging stash.
Oh I am so loving this challenge Meredith lol.

SueP said...

Great challenge Meredith....thinking caps are on!!

Love this LO of you and Hannah...just gorgeous!

amanda hall said...

hmmmmmmm thinking cap officially ON. Not sure if i will get much time in the next few days for this one but definately on my list of 'things to do'.

great idea for a challenge and OMG how many times will i forget to take my damn shopping bags into IGA??? hope i am not alone in giving the checkout chicks that mortified 'shit i have done it again' look every visit!