Tuesday, May 12, 2009

a new look

Welcome to our new look blog! We hope you like what you see :) Thankyou for your patience as we were organizing this earlier in the week and the blog has been out of action for a few days.

As hinted at last week there are some changes in the air.


We have sadly farewelled Tiff - see here for details. We have asked her to set us a monthly challenge though so she certainly will be still around! I am sure whatever challenges she has in store for us we will stretch our creativity and getting that mojo flowing again!

Another change will be the format our challenges take. There is no set 'day' the challenges will swap. We may have 3 or 4 challenges going at the same time over a month period. We hope to have at least 4 going per month. These can be found listed over in the sidebar--------------->

you are welcome to do one or more layout per challenge and email them to either Sue, Meredith or myself to upload it. As usual we would LOVE to see what you create.
If you forget what the challenges are during the month you can click on the images in the sidebar which will hopefully open an album which will give you more detail. I *think* you can comment in that album as well - much like a discussion forum (fingers crossed that you can all see that ok and actually do what i am saying LOL)
And there is also the old list on the sidebar as well which lists ALL of our challenges - past and present.

Sue will also be challenging us with a sketch challenge which she is in charge of each month. This will be uploaded during the first week of the month and again we are keen to see how this inspires you.

There will be one photo challenge a month - to get you thinking outside the square!


Please dont forget to comment if you visit. I know that I personally get a huge thrill seeing someone else's comment on my pages and i am sure that everyone can agree that it is a nice feeling having your work appreciated by others.


I would also like to give credit here for the blog banner. I did alter it a bit but i bought all the hard work already done from the house of 3 - just some gorgeous stuff on there!




photo challenge for May -



shooting from above. Look down on your subject for a different perspective!



Sue's sketch for May-


Sue has provided this great inspirational sketch based on the work of Lisa Arnet.


"Here is my first sketch for the blog. Please excuse me for the wonkiness of the 'sketch'

Your page can be 12x12, 8x11 or whatever size you want to use.

Love to see your pages......and have fun with it!!"







and here is Sue's stunning example-







Meredith's challenge for May


go green continues! See here for details




Amanda's challenge for May
houndstooth! This pattern is everywhere at the moment - use a little or a lot. Love it or hate it but it is totally IN!

October Afternoon and Heidi Swapp have papers with this cool pattern.



ok i think that is about it for now - drop us a line or two to let us know what you think. We would love to hear from you!

We hope there is plenty here to inspire you to scrap - we love to see what you make so please share it by emailing us an image so we can post it on the blog!





6 comments:

sandra said...

OMFG!!!
Where do I start!!!
My eyes are going all over the place!!!
I was starting to get worried that there was an A list for the blog and I wasn't on it!! ROFL
but the wait and the blog dt's were worth it.
this is brilliant girls!
Such inspirational stuff...and great idea to run it over the month! Plenty of challenges to get that mojo happening!
Love your layout Sue. I am in the middle of doing a layout using the same Marrakech paper.. love it.
woohoo..off to explore.
great work Amanda

Marika said...

Stunning Amanda I was a little anxious when I saw the sign in bit I was missing my daily fix. Can't wait to get started.

Kerryn said...

The new look to the site looks fantastic :).

Loving your layout Sue!

Anonymous said...

Looks great girls, fantastic !!! I too was getting worried that I had to 'sign in' ?? ... thought there must be something exciting going on behind the scenes - it was worth the wait !!! Kylie

Tiff Firth said...

the 'renovations' are fantastic. well done Amanda. I know changing blog bits and pieces can take a lot of patience.
Looking forward to the new challenges. Have an idea for the photography one already (no suprize there) and will have to find some houndstooth. (Old Myers bag praps lol).
Seriously congratulations on it all. Let see some newbies submittinga and commenting.
;)
t

jodyg said...

I just saw the link button on Meredith's blog and had to come and have a squizzy. The new blog look is just fabulous!! LOVE it!! I might even have to give that sketch a go too if I get some time this week.