Tuesday, July 8, 2008

my significant other (as promised)

Well, better late than never. Finally got to Lincoln yesterday and got some photos done at Rabbit. Needed this one to do my bloke page.

So 'ere 'tis.....

Used some of that Tim Holtz distressing embossing powder on the bookplate and heart.
Tip: the effect doesn't work if you use Staz On Watermark Ink. (found out the hard way) but does work when I used Stampin Up Whisper White as my base colour to whiten the chip and adhere the powder. worked a treat.
Had Kym provide some input into this one. I asked him to pick a blue something out of a stack of blue cardstock and PP to use as the base page. (Blue is his favourite colour). He did surprise me with the torn piece of PP as it's floral but u don't see much of it.
Nice take on the blue and brown again too hey Sue. ;)
Journalling says
. is my beloved . is the father of my children .frustrates me .still makes me all gooey inside .is a bloody hard worker to provide for our family .is stubborn .supports my scrapping habit but still loves me .doesnt go fishing or crabbing enough .is a talented clay target shooter

6 comments:

Lisa said...

This looks great Tiff. Very minimalist! Journalling is good too. :-) Love the Background Paper, nice choice.
Very disappointed, I am out of ink, and unable to get refills here (I have now ordered some). So can't get my double LO for Challenge 8 ready by tomorrow! Never mind, next time!

Anonymous said...

Like it Tiff, good on you for getting Kym involved to. I think Kerrins just understanding the addiction I have with scrapbooking, that it makes me happy.
Thanks for sharing this with us.
Cassandra.

SueP said...

Love it Tiff, where has the whimsical gone?? this one is definately a minimalistic and a GOOD one!

sandra said...

great colour choices Kym!
stunning layout... I really love the minimilist style...

amanda hall said...

LOL at you tiff. Great 'i told you so' page pmsl.

very minimilist ;)

great photo of Kym too - very effective and loving the colours.

very special how he picked bits out too - fabulous to get that input

Tiff Firth said...

pmsl?? is that 'piss myself laughing????