Sunday, July 6, 2008

sandra's entry!


I have recieved Sandras fabulous pages for Tiff's challenge.

I love the green and brown she has used in this page - and the rik rak down the side with the line of photos. Those individual photos of the kids are gorgous - they are such cute kids Sandra and ALWAYS very polite!
Well done on your scrapping and parenting ;)
I must admit that double pages scare me a little. Once apon a time i scrapped doubles a lot - mainly when i first started scrapping. I felt they were a bit limiting though tbh - lots and lots of space that needed filling LOL.
I do have an idea for this one but just need to find the time.
Now regarding Tiff's post earlier about style....which i did think was a very interesting article and did make you stop and think a little about where you may/maynot fit into the scheme of things. I think that i am a minimilist, shabby chic sort of scrapper and although i do try and do a variety of things my pages always seem to have elements of these styles in them. Even when i try NOT to be shabby, it seems to creep in somewhere.
Now Tiff i would have to disagree with you here on your style. I think you are a whimsy scrapper - not minimilist at all - sorry chook but you are far from that LOL. You do lots of wings, bling and added elements that add a touch of whimsy to your page - so to me that is more what your style is. As you said in your post though, it doesn't really matter what you style is as long as you love your pages!
I do agree that you dont have to feel 'bound' to your style, but it does help define who you are. I have a lot of people say to me that they can pick an amanda page just by looking at it and seeing the 'style' i have used. Whether that is a good thing or not i dont know LOL.
Anyway will leave you to peruse Sandras creation.
PS. Thanks for all the well wishes on getting over my flu - they all must have helped because i am feeling great again :)

9 comments:

SueP said...

Lovely Sandra!! Your little girl looks just like you!! I love the green and brown - another fav colour scheme of mine!! Ric & brads look great!

Anonymous said...

hey Sandra that has come up great.. fantabluous.. Trish.S.

Lisa said...

This is great Sandra. Love the colour, matches the pics perfectly. And the embellishments are great - don't distract from the LO at all........and gorgeous kids too!

Tiff Firth said...

Funny isn't it. I would never have picked myself as a whimsy. Not in a million years. Sometimes to pick your own style is so hard but to others is so obvious. When you look at things for too long you just don't see them anymore.
LOL A.
What style shall we call Meredith. She doesn't really fit into any that I can see is her at all. She is unique. We'll make that a new style!!

Tiff Firth said...

Sandra. Tegan is so a mini u. Looks like Kraft Card for the main card. love the green. matches the green grass perfectly.

sandra said...

omfg Tiff! I wasn't even sure what the main card was!... I had to google Kraft card and YES it is!!!..
You know you are in the presence of a person who lives for scrapbooking when they can rattle off the name of paper by looking at a poorly scanned layout!
All of you girls are able to do it!.. as for me?... nfi!... I would of said 'neutral cardstock' lol

Meredith said...

Oh Sandra what beautiful photos of your kids ... great job girl!!

Anonymous said...

Love these pages Sandra everything about them is very cleverly added, your Scrapbooking supplies must be getting larger. What lovely looking children,remember you when you were younger and your daughter does look very much like you. A layout of you and her at the same age would be interesting to look at.
Happy Scrappin.
Cassandra

sandra said...

great idea Cassandra! I think I might do a layout...
I personally can't see the resemblance... but a lot of people do say she looks like me.... Poor kid! lol