Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sandra's rubons and embossing ...

"Hi Meredith
Here is my rub-on entry.
Tried something else new with this layout, embossing.... what a mess!!!
I am glad no one walked into my scraproom while I was using it... there was white powder Everywhere! They might of thought I had a drug problem! You can't see it very well.. (bloody scanner) but I embossed the xmas tree.
The title is rub-ons (note to self... no more rub-on titles!.. look how wonky it is!) and the 'believe' in the middle of the template.
Have a great night
Sandra"



Wow Sandra you have been busy ... must be the white powder helping with your speed!!

The tree looks gorgeous, I love the look of the title and the "believe" rub on is beautiful! Great photos to have of this special time!

8 comments:

sandra said...

lol Meredith about the 'speed'

Have just 'found' embossing and was wondering... does anyone have any tips on it?? Would love some ideas.

oh and ps... the voting has started at puzzlesketches... why not have a vote for the layout you like best...? you will meet the Nicole (she runs the blog) at the retreat!

Anonymous said...

Noice layout Sandra, have had issues with embossing powder myself, it is not a highly used thing in my scrap space. Trace

Anonymous said...

Great layout Sandra. The colours are beautiful, but the use of multiple photos is what impresses me the most.
I think single photos do look fab, but when you take lots of photos good multiple los are a neccessary addition to your arsenal.
Good job.

SueP said...

Great LO Sandra, it can be difficult to scrap with alot of photos but you have done it sooo good!! Love the colours, and the rubons look GREAT!

LOL at your explanation of embossing - know just where you are coming from!! No matter what you always get powder everywhere - but don't let that stop you, it is such an effective technique.

amanda hall said...

LOL sandra - you make me laugh with your embossing addiction. We will know you have a really bad problem if you are seen around town with white powder stuck to your nose!

love the page - that xmas tree looks fabulous. The grungy backing paper is great and adds a lot of texture and depth.

Anonymous said...

Love your LO Sandra, the multiple photos look great!! and I love that Cosmo paper - just gorgeous colours. Love the embossing, Hmmmm, scares me as much as rubons!!! (only joking) ;)
Karen D

Maryanne Ridgway said...

this looks fantastic sandra, you have managed so many photos,and still kept it balanced and uncluttered.the rub on title looks great.
I really love this LO.

Tiff Firth said...

I love embossing. use it a fair bit.
will catch up with u about it at the retreat if not before.
t