Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sandra




Sandra has shared something really special with us.




Not only has she met the 5 words or more title challenge, but also challenged herself to journal directly onto the cardstock with her printer - fantastic!




She says -


Hi Amanda!
Here is my answer to your challenge... and boy did I find it a challenge!
I am still not 100% happy with the title placement.
I have set myself a challenge this year to try something new on each page..
this time it was journalling onto the layout... usually I put it on a tag or journalling strips.
So hence the font being so big!... Lesson learn't. lol
I also feel rather over exposed with the journalling subject... I suppose I could of hidden it... but chose not to.
So sorry, a bit of heavy reading, and I suppose cryptic too.
The photo is of me, at the age of 13.... the journalling is me, at 40, talking to the 13 year old me back then.

Great challenge.. and one I will try again in the future!
Cheers
Sandra



I love all your paper placements. The colours you have chosen are fabulous. What a great photo of yourself!!!


The title placement looks excellent to me and wow at your journalling - so personal. I know that i have often scrapped 'difficult' topics and found the art of getting those thoughts down on paper very healing.... I hope you did too Sandra.



9 comments:

Tiff Firth said...

have seen this irl. the colour selection is fantastic. and the font size is perfect. Easy to read. And yes it is very personal, but no one else but you knows exactly what you are telling your 13rd old self of. Are they the thickers from the retreat goodie bag. perfect colours. and the buttons are just right.

t

Anonymous said...

Oh Sandra was a fantastic page. I just loved it. You are very brave and I am so proud of you. I have never bothered to comment before but just had to when I saw your page. BRAVO love Gina Baj

Marika said...

Love everything about it Sandra boy does your daughter look like you can still see her picture on your last page.

Anonymous said...

It is fantastic Sandra, it more weays than just one, and the 40yr old is right!! well done luv Trish S.

SueP said...

Oh wow, love it Sandra!! Love the use of different lettering for your title- looks great!

What a great photo!!

Cassandra said...

O.k Sandra crying at yes 1am in the morning at this layout. If only we knew then what we know now. Keep scrapping from the heart one day your children will find this precious. xxx

Kerryn said...

Gorgeous Sandra!!! TFS

Maryanne Ridgway said...

awesome page sandra [and sad], cannot believe how much this photo looks like the one of teagan you used the other day! WOW.

Meredith said...

Really love the buttons, the colours of the pp, gorgeous photo!