Saturday, March 21, 2009

sew on and sew forth

LOL. I just love a play on words.


Sandra. You are one funny chick with a wicked sense of humor. This is her message in my inbox.

I have finally finished the layout that I started at the retreat.And I used a sewing machine!! You would not believe how big a deal that is for me!I haven't used one since I was kicked out of home economics!.. true story.Thanks to all the girls who encouraged me and especially Marika who helped by threading it and getting it started for me.I am so encouraged by my little effort I am thinking of buying a sewing machine!..(maybe a second hand one in case it ends up with the same fate as the one in home ec class ;)



I did manage to see this one at the retreat in an unfinished state and wowsers, now it is done. And done well. The Puzzle sketch requirements were a butterfly, a journal spot and a flourish to be used amongst the elements on the page.

Totally awesome Sandra. Dont forget to go to Puzzlesketches to give her a vote. (Sandra when does that happen by the way??)

Ps anyone got a second hand sewing machine for sale??

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Beautiful LO Sandra ... good on you for using the sewing machine!!

I think there were a few people that used one for the first time or the first time for a long time at the retreat!!

Anonymous said...

It is stunning Sandra, love how you have used the torn bit out the side again have got to learn how to do that.

SueP said...

Great page Sandra, and you did brilliant with your first sew on paper job!! Not a straight line but a heart shape!! Amazing!

amanda hall said...

WOW sandra. Love the stitching - clever chook doing it in a heart shape!!!

Love all your extra 'bits' - stunning.