Saturday, July 11, 2009

Gratitude challenge ... Sandra

Here is my entry for the photography challenge.

Firstly SORRY for the poor quality of the photos ... all taken this evening and the light was shocking.

1st photo is of the fire
... I am so grateful to come in out of the cold and just feel the warmth of the wood fire envelope me as I walk in the back door


2nd photo is of the computer with the E2C blog
... Grateful for the friends that the blog has helped me to make and for helping me find my scrapping confidence. (still working on it though lol)


3rd photo Holiday brochures
... Grateful that both Garry and I have work so we can save up and give our kids what will hopefully be a fantastic holiday to QLD that they'll both remember.

4th photo
... I feel so grateful every night when I tuck my kids in to bed. They are both healthy, warm and safe and just the most fantastic kids you could ask for. I am so lucky
5th photo and finally our rain water tank!
... Finally we have enough rain to bring the level marker above half way! (but think we have had enough for now, hey?)

Fantastic photos Sandra ... I was only thinking about the rain as a "grateful" thing today!!
Thank you for your photos and the wonderful explanations for each one ... by the way have a wonderful holiday!! Maybe a mini book to be made on your return, hey??!!

4 comments:

Tiff Firth said...

oh yes. the fire. dont we all appreciate that warmth and just the cozy feel of the flames lazily dancing in there.

and yes to the water tanks, esp at the beginning of autumn and when it hasn't rained yet. and you skimp and savor every drop of that liquid gold.

sandra said...

morning!
OMG at the bad grammar in my explanations! sorry!!

amanda hall said...

Lovely Sandra. The photo of T sleeping is fab - no matter how old our 'babies' get it is an overwhelming feeling of peace and love seeing them safe and warm in their own beds asleep at night.

great job.

Maryanne Ridgway said...

great pics sandra.I agree, its always comforting having the kids all tucked up in bed, knowing theyre safe and sound! Enjoy it while you can, all too soon theyre teens and going out late,then its worrying!believe me with an almost 18 year old I spend many a saturday night up late waiting for teens to get home safely!
And hope you have a great holiday, definitely something to be grateful for, grateful you have a husband who even gets on a plane! Not mine, which is why any holidays or trips are driving holidays!!