Tuesday, July 21, 2009

New trends ... what will they be?

I was reading the latest Australian House & Garden (H & G ) magazine at lunch time and saw three articles on decorating that I found interesting
... because there were three things that I think may be popular in scrapping or that I have seen featured in ranges
... not that I am any trend forecaster or anything!!!


1/. The first is a colour ... emerald green

emerald green

I saw a girl on Saturday with a jacket this colour and a boy with a t-shirt that had some emerald green on it.

I'm not sure whether particular colours feature more strongly in scrapping products ... so this might be interesting to see!!

2/. Postage Stamps

Sonia Barnett , a Victorian scrapper, has been using stamps a lot on her scrap layouts.

In H & G there was home decorating items with stamps on them ... candles, pillows, notebooks, plates, lamp shades.


3/. Animals ... zoo animals to be precise

Well we have had deers, owls, birds, butterflies ...

There was a feature on children's decorating with one product being made by Little Chipipi ... zoo animals Moveables.

I have also seen that Maya Road have some zoo animal stamps.
Sassafras Lass has some patterned papers called "Bungle Jungle" at the moment featuring zoo animals as well as matching stamps.


So have you seen any other products that might be the new thing to use in scrapping?


I know we don't have to use these styles but you may see them for sale in your local!!

Leave a comment to let us know what you think!!

3 comments:

SueP said...

Meredith, our very own trend spotter, i love ya!!!

Yes, the zoo animal thing has been increasing in many companies ranges lately. Not my thing but certainly useful with kids pages etc... you wait i will be using them next!!

I have always loved the postage stamp thing....and will go just lovely with the Tim Holtz ranges, the collage, and the olde world themes!! Might be able to make good use of some old collectables of mine!!

Emerald Green...hope so, it's another one of those lovely heritage heart-warm colours, that just fits with alot of other various colours....
hmmmmm in-ter-esting!!!

Thanks for all your great spotting!!

Tiff Firth said...

I have noticed a fair bit of yellow in the Summer CHA peeks from the link you gave us before. ;-) I might need to revisit to spot if emerald green is there.

and BG have a range of zoo animals that are tiny delicate bling shapes with all the details. love the lion. so cute.

amanda hall said...

Interestng stuff Meredith.

I agree that scrap style is often either just behind or just ahead of interior design fads. It certainly is interesting looking through those home decorating ideas. There is so much inspiration to be had.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the colour green so that one is A-OK by me lol.

I am not so big on the postage stamp thing nor the baby amimal type prints......but i bet those zoo animals are the next big thing.

My picks for trends didn't seem to pan out so i wonder if you have more luck??!!