Friday, July 3, 2009

Marika - music inspiration


Good on you Marika for being the first cab off the ranks with challenges this month. (i was getting really worried that there was no interest from you all out there!)

Marika says that she isn't a big fan of rainbows and suns etc. but was really happy with how this turned out. She said that those die-cuts seemed to fit the music challenge as they were in the film clip.

This is fantastic Marika - how you have stitched, folded and caught some of the paper in that border is great - really sets it off brilliantly. I too bought some of those die cuts and was tossing up using them for this challenge but will try and come up with something else!

That green dymo is so vibrant and goes well with the green in the paper. LOVELY colours used here!


Hopefully we see a few more entries soon........or at least a few comments to know that someone is looking!

9 comments:

Meredith said...

Oh wow Marika ... you have done an amazing layout!! I have seen those die cuts ... did you get them when I saw you Thursday??!! So many of the features of the film clip too!

We might have to have some more music challeneges in the future!

Maryanne Ridgway said...

beautiful marika, love the pp, and the green dymo looks gorgeous.
and such a lovely photo too.your little girl is a real cutie.

am planning on doing some of the challenges soon...yeah , yeah I know we all say that, but really I will...soon

Tiff Firth said...

awww. what a lovely intimate pic. very girlie lo which suits the theme.

I have 4 of my 5 grateful shots in the bag. I reckon I'll scrap them so it will be a while yet. Need to sort office files for financial year roll over first- yikes.

Anonymous said...

Lovely lovely lovely Marika I think we have thought very similar with the theme, I'm going to have to rethink my plan. Tracey

Anonymous said...

Well done Marika. Excellent LO.
Love your title as well. Looking at participating in this challenge, got a photo, just need to put this together. Michelle

Marika said...

I would love to see your layouts using the same die cuts to see what other people do with them.

sandra said...

wow!
this is fabulous Marika!
Your interpretation of the challenge is brilliant... love music challenges.
lovely photo...
I have finished my sketch layout.. just waiting until morning to photograph it.. my scanner is stuffed...
can't wait to see other entries come in!

SueP said...

Oh Wow Marika....love it, love it!! Love all the colours you have used, they work well all together. And a beautiful moment captured of your girls!!

Zan said...

Gorgeous! Enough said...